Monday, December 1, 2008

*Update* Broken and Poured Out...



*Update* Broken pitcher

Progress... or so I thought, in the beginning

December 1, 2008

Ok, so it is almost 3 am… I went up to bed at 1 am and have been fighting sleep ever since. I dozed for a bit and woke up at 2:30 or so…

Get up...

Are you serious???

Get up...

I mean really Lord, I need to get up in less than 3 hours

Get up…

Seriously? I have errands to run this morning, a nap to take, leave for work and then work a 12 hour shift

Get up…

I’ve learned that no matter how hard I try HE will not let me sleep until I get this on paper. HE wants me to share what HE is teaching me.

So, it’s 3 am and here I sit… getting ready to tell you about my broken pitcher and how it is coming.

I was getting ready to go up to bed around 10:30 or so. I passed the dining room table where the broken pitcher sat.

Put it together…

It’s hard to figure out where to start. I had put the 2 base pieces together right after I shattered it. The bottom seemed like the right place to start. I asked HIM where to start and HE showed me the way. I find myself gluing and then taking it apart because they don’t fit just right, perfect. I am reminded that HE doesn’t want me perfect, HE wants to continue refining me, I’ll NEVER be perfect this side of heaven. If I were put together perfectly, there would be no cracks for HIM to shine through- no shattered dreams. HE doesn’t want me perfect, just obedient and usable.

He reveals many things to me as I work.

HE uses the pain of shattered dreams to help me discover a true desire for HIM and a new intimacy with HIM

The pitcher is difficult to put together, am I really this hard for HIM to work with? If I want to be honest with myself and more importantly honest with HIM, yes

The bigger cracks represent bigger shattered dreams. I am learning that this is where the greater lessons are learned and HE draws me closer. I should welcome more of these times. It is during these times that I truly embrace HIM

More glue is more of HIM

I thought the broken pitcher was going to represent my sinful past and yes, present… it also represents my shattered dreams and how HE is using those times for HIS glory

HE reveals to me, just how little I REALLY know about HIM and HIS healing in my life

Have I mentioned the putting the pitcher is difficult

I won’t give up even though the journey is hard and it hurts, deeply. I know that I am right where HE wants me

It’s not going back together like I thought it would or looking how I think it should. HE is helping me put it together like HE wants to look

I’m making a real mess of this when I get ahead of myself and don’t let HIM guide me

If I’d stuck with starting at the base it would have been easier, does HE really want it to be easy

If I’d stuck with starting at the base, the foundation would have been stronger

This pitcher will never hold water, but then again HE doesn’t want it to. HE wants living water to flow from it, He wants me poured out

I thought we were going to finish, I look at the clock and it is 12:30 am… there’s still mending to do, rest.

I head for bed. As I am getting ready for bed, HE tells me to start over…

What you’ve got to be kidding me start over?

Start over

With what?

Something treasured

Something treasured... what do I have to offer?

A clay pot



Then, I remember a clay pot that was my great-grandmothers. I do treasure it. That is where WE will start over with the broken pitcher or shattered pot. Whew, I feel better already. Now I can go to bed or so I thought. As I lay in bed trying to sleep, I keep picturing the unfinished pitcher… there is a gaping hole in the side and it is not finished. HE gently reminds me that the gaping hole in the side represents the shattered dream that has left a gaping hole in my heart that only HE can fill. I’m not sure when WE will finish the pitcher, but for now I know that the clay pot is what I have to offer HIM.

Yes, it IS progress! Thank you LORD!!!

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.


Add Comment

Paige Furst says... (Edit / Delete)
"Wow. What an intimacy with the Father... I guess it can only come from a desperation/ a true dependence on Him for the next step. They lived like this in Biblical times when there was real need, hunger, persecution, pain. We just never have any of that until the pain of life becomes unbearable. He is really becoming your Abba Father as you walk toward Him in your pain.

I love you dear friend." (12/1/08)

johnna says... (Edit / Delete)
"Man, I was all ready to head out the door and now I have to redo my mascara! We are all broken pitchers Georgia and we all have cracks & holes. We strive for perfection here on earth and He doesn't want perfection, He just wants our hearts. It's so simple but so difficult because we have to lay it all down and become vulnerable to Him when we expose those cracks and holes. I love you Georgia and the Lord is using you to help me see Him more clearly." (12/1/08)

Cathy says... (Edit / Delete)
"Amazing. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. You have truly been an encouragement to my life and my relationship with our God. It leaves me speechless. Love you." (12/1/08)

Emiley Wright says... (Edit / Delete)
"I am so thankful that i have the privaledge to read the blogs from your site, God is using you to help me see Him in a way i never knew of. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!" (12/1/08)

Leon Veazey says... (Edit / Delete)
"WOW! Georgia, this is so awesomely profound! There HAS to be a book that eventually comes from this journey. You life is ALREADY a book that so many of us are reading. God is feeding us and growing us even through your life. Thanks for being a surrendered vessel, a broken pitcher that He is mending! Our lives truly are vessels of imperfection, through which His glory pours out through the holes of our imperfections. What a MIGHTY GOD we serve! Thanks for sharing again. I love and appreciate you as one of God’s riches blessings in my life and ministry. Thanks for being a treasure!

Love in Christ,
Leon

" (12/4/08)

No comments: