Monday, December 22, 2008

Wounds of life...

from Girlfriends in God

5 am

...no wound of life is too infected for God to heal. No problem is too difficult for God to solve. No sin is too abominable for God to forgive. No sickness is beyond His ability to make well. He is able. I don't know the shattered matters of your life, but God does. He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly beyond all you can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20).

Hang on to Jesus, friend. Hang on to Jesus. "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy" (Job 8:21). I know from personal experience that in the painful, tear-filled days, God is still good and can still be trusted. I know He is faithful. I've witnessed His strength in my weakness. I've felt His comfort in times of loss. And though we aren't always kept from experiencing shattered matters, we never have to endure them alone.

Take comfort that He knows every issue on your heart and is able to shoulder your burdens. Your challenges do not fall outside the scope of God's ability to intervene. God is mysterious, He is powerful, and He is able! When you lift your eyes from your situation and fix them on your Savior, you will find peace in the pain and strength in the struggle.


This month has really been a struggle, I miss her sooo...:-( I feel as though I have focused on my pain and not been fixing my eyes on HIM. There is peace in the pain and strength in the stuggle when I fix my eyes on HIM. HE knows my struggle, HE knows my pain, really knows my pain. HE gave up HIS one and only Son for me, HE knows my agony. HE allowed HIS own son to die a horrible death for my dirty sinful self. The thought brings me to my knees and reminds me that Christmas is about the greatest GIFT I could ever receive. If not for the GIFT, I would have no hope of ever seeing Rachel or my daddy again.

Thank you PAPA for reminding of your precious truths but most of all for your precious gift! Thank you PAPA for peace in the pain and strength in the struggle! I love you LORD!




Add Comment

No comments: