Wednesday, December 10, 2008

the Water Song



The Water Song...


December 10, 2008 2 am

The Water Song

Come, oh come! let us away~
Lower, lower every day,
Oh, what joy it is to race
Down to the lowest place.
This is the dearest law we know~
“It is happy to go low.”
Sweetest urge and sweetest will,
“Let us go down lower still.”
Hear the summons night and day
Calling us to come away.
From the heights we leap and flow
To the valleys down below.
Always answering to the call,
To the lowest place of all.
Sweetest urge and sweetest pain,
To go low and rise again.
Excerpt from Hinds’ Feet on High Places

I am feeling like the author of this song…

He is taking me low and lower still… HE is calling me to go there. Yes there is pain but it is sweet. I won’t say it doesn’t hurt, it hurts like I have never hurt before… the journey HE is leading me on is taking me lower and into the deepest dark places of my soul. He is showing that we must go there befo


re I can reach the highest heights of joy again. It is there that HE will empower me to pour out myself as a drink offering. Never before have I felt a despair like this or known it so intimately, not even during the darkest period of my life so many years ago. This despair is taking me to a place with HIM that I am not sure I have ever known and it is sweet. Painful but sweet. And I mean painful!!! HE is also showing me that the deepest or lowest part of the valley could be so beautiful. This journey is full of song. I can hear HIM in so many things… a card at just the right time, an email, the rain, the chatter of squirrels, the wind in the trees, the crunch of leaves, the birds singing, the lights on our tree, the comforting words of friends and family, a hug or a smile from my sweet husband, lunch with a friend, the chatter of women at a Christmas party, a sermon, a loving admonishment form my pastor or a phone call from my sweet boy. The love HE is embracing me with is so sweet. The journey is sweet. The journey from “shattered dreams” to joy may be long and hard but it is sweet. Thank you Lord for this journey!

Add Comment

LJ says...
"Thanking the Lord that you are following Him through the journey and love Him and are seeing Him!" (12/10/08)

No comments: