Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shattered Dreams...

November 29 and it is 2:45 am...

I just recently picked up a book written by Larry Crabb, it is called "Shattered Dreams." WOW!!! It will, when I really let it sink in change change my life in a way that I could never imagine. It is a difficult book to read. Not hard in itself, but the truths that he writes about are difficult pills to swallow especially if you are living in the middle of a shattered dream. However, it got me to thinking, I have been "Praising Him in the Storm," but have I been thanking HIM for "Shattered Dreams." Have I welcomed this shattered dream as my friend or a blessing from God. If I want to honest and I do; then I have to say, no.

here is a brief synopsis of the book:

"Shattered Dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story. The Holy Spirit uses the pain of shattered dreams to help us discover our desire for God, to help us begin dreaming the highest dream. They are ordained opportunities for the Spirit first to awaken, then satisfy our highest dream. Shattered dreams have the power to change out lives for good. Forever.

How do we find hope when bad things happen that God could have prevented? We must discover a hope that thrives when dreams shatter, the same hope that anchors us to God when dreams do come true.

It's harder to discover our true and real desire for God when things go well. Shattered dreams are the truest blessings, they help us discover our true hope. But it can take a long, dark time to discover it.

Shattered dreams are necessary for spiritual growth."

HE is revealing to me that I am not defined by my past, I am defined by my journey with HIM. I am trying to welcome shattered dreams as my friend. The journey will continue... a journey through shattered dreams to the exquisite joy of encountering Christ.

If you want to know Him and have an intimate encounter with Him, welcome shattered dreams.

I'm trying...



Add Comment

Laura Carwile says... (Edit / Delete)
"I am going to try and find this book tonight. As the holiday season approaches and I spend another Christmas without my oldest son, I need real strength to bless the season for the right reason and not dread it.. Love you Georgia, you keep my spirits lifted in your words along with the words of the LORD." (11/29/08)

johnna says... (Edit / Delete)
"hey georgia, i've heard about this book and want to read it. I love what it says about discovering our true and real desire for God through shattered dreams. I continue to lift you & Chris up to the Lord." (11/30/08)

No comments: