Friday, October 24, 2008

Today...


October 24, 2008

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

I feel a peace that I cannot explain any other way than to say it's from HIM!!!

Today, I feel incredible… it’s Rachel’s’ birthday and she would be 16. I miss her terribly, yes I will cry, my arms will ache to hold her, my heart will hurt, and I long to hear her sweet voice but I still feel incredible. I mentioned yesterday was a turning point and it was. When I couldn’t go back to sleep yesterday morning, I had some really sweet time with Him and some really sweet prayer time. He helped me realize and process a lot of precious things. First, He helped me realize that I am going to be ok. I can see the light at the end of this valley that I have been walking in. There will still be bumps and maybe some bruises but I can see the LIGHT!!! I have dreaded this week and this day like no other. Then He distracted me with the passing of my dad. It was a hard week for many reasons but not really because of my daddy. I am thankful that they are together and he is healthy and whole again. I had told my daddy over and over, Sat night, “go be with Rachel, she is waiting up there for you, tell her we love her and miss her.” God answered our prayer to heal my daddy perfectly and now they are celebrating her 16th together and I take great comfort in that. She was grandpa’s girl and he loved her so much…. He would have done anything for that kid of mine. She was special to him.

As I got in the car yesterday with peace and joy in my heart and even a little bounce in my step I turned on the radio and they were playing this song.

There Will be a Day, Jeremy Camp

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that tries to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face, But until that day, we'll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel you’re walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing

Let those words sink in…

AMEN!!!

It was confirmation for me that I WILL be OK!!! My soul has been troubled but I haven’t lost heart because he has brought me peace and NOW joy! And I can’t wait the see the beauty that’s in store because it will outweigh this pain and hurt we have experienced these last 6 months. As I listened and sang I opened the sun roof on my daddy’s car, raised my hand and praised HIM! I felt incredible!!!

Don’t get me wrong today will be hard, I miss her, I want to hold her, I want to smell her sweet smell, I want to hear her precious voice, and I want to see that sweet smile but right now I can only imagine the birthday party in heaven and the people she is partying with including my daddy!! It’s better than ANY party Chris and I could have ever thrown her, WOW!!! That is answered prayer and only something HE can do. Thank you Jesus and I praise your Holy name!!!

Happy birthday baby girl, dad, Andrew and I love you! Party Hard and keep on having fun!!!




Add Comment

LJ says... (Edit / Delete)
"What a blessed celebration for them with all the other's! Yes, I believe too, they are having a wonderful day!
The Wall's love you Rachel!!!!!!" (10/24/08)

Emiley Wright says... (Edit / Delete)
"What a heart-warming blog! HAPPY SWEET SIXTEENTH RACHEL!!" (10/24/08)

Heather Calicott says... (Edit / Delete)
"You never cease to amaze me Georgia. I have worried about this day for some time. Each day getting one day closer. When I read this blog I had to raise my hands and shout...Glory! God your healing grace is so powerful! I find strength in you your strength Georgia. I am so thankful God blessed you in so many ways today. Jeremy Camp always reached my heart. What a blessing to see your words and hear his. This day isnt what I thought it would be at all! Father God, you are so faithful to us! Always ready to give us more that we ever hoped for!" (10/25/08)

No comments: