Thursday, October 2, 2008

a precious gift and something I will cherish forever...


It was the last day of school and I had just picked Rachel from school… she had just finished 2nd grade and she was talking a mile a minute (are you shocked?) but I noticed that she had something in her mouth. I asked her what it was and she said with a bit of a lisp “a diamond.” Oh baby it’s probably fake. “Nope, it’s REAL momma” she replied. “OK baby girl” was my reply thinking it was not worth the argument. She showed it to Chris when he came home from work and he AGREED with her. I was still not convinced. I took it to a jeweler later that week, it was REAL. Not only that but he said it was almost a ½ carat and very good quality. She was so excited but how many 2nd graders do you see running aroung wearing a ½ carat diamond. It took some convincing but we talked her into putting it up with the agreement that we would have it made it something for her when she was old enough. However, I did try to convince her to let me put it in a setting and wear as a necklace. She would not hear of it. So I put it up. Fast forward to this year… we were going to give it to her for her 16th birthday in a drop necklace. Here it is now… there is nothing else I can say without tearing up, its’ beautiful, just as she was… today has been a hard one for both of us. It’s been 5 months.

No comments: