Saturday, May 10, 2008

I am thankful

by Rachel Fulenwider

There are many things I am thankful for but only three stand out to me.
First, I am thankful for technology. Technology is not just the things that runon electricity. It's everything. We would still be in the Stone Ages if it weren't for it. I would not want to be in the Stone Ages. I wouldn't have my straightener, (which broke), computer, phone and music. Technology helps understand the world better. It gives us things to enjoy in our life. You can't get ever get bored with all the technology we have now. I am so thankful to have it.
Second, I am thankful for money. shopping, and food. I love food. I love energy drinks, candy, and all the stuff that is bad for you. Yeah, I like the occasional broccoli or peas, but not nearly as much as junk food. I could not survive without my favorite foods. If I didn't have Red Bulls or Sobe Adrenalines would be dead as a doornail. They give me my energy. I am also really thankful for shopping. Shopping is the time to hang out with friends and just have fun. You go shopping to pamper yourself. I love everything about shopping. OK. Now, I may be really thankful for the others, but not as much as money. I couldn't do the other things without money. I may not always have a lot of it, but when I do spend it the second I get. I can't save money. It's not my thing.
Finally, I am most thankful for God, family and friends. We would not be alive if it weren't for God. If it weren't for him, we would not have anything to be thankful for. He created family for a reason. Family is there to support you. They are with you from the beginning to the end. They will never forsake you. I wouldn't know what to do without my family. Friends are there when you need a break from things. Good friends will laugh, cry, act stupid or do anything with you. When I see everyone around me fighting with their friends, saying mean things, or even breaking friendships. I know how lucky I am to have my friends.
You may not have a lot, but the most important thing is to be thankful. Don't be jealous. Be thankful for what you have. First and foremost be thankful that you are alive. Be thankful for who you have not necessarily for what you have.

No comments: