Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lost


Lost

by Rachel Fulenwider
September 2005

"Rachel we're lost" Cleo said. NO we're not. The creek is hard to get lost in. "Rachel I'm scared" Cleo wined. This is fun enjoy the cool outdoors. I Know where I'm going.
"Rachel let's go back. Im getting tired" Cleo said. We should almost be to the bridge. I think. Once we get there we can go home. "Rachel, are you sure you know where we are going?" Cleo asked. Yes, I promise. Andrew and I used to come down here all the time. "Yeah you and Andrew, " Cleo added. I'm pretty sure it's this way. "Rachel your lost just admit it," Cleo said. Fine we are lost. "We are so dead," Cleo yelled. "Let's go back Rachel" Cleo wined. OK, I have to figure out where we are first. Let's see. If we came in on the left. Then, we go that way. I think. Let's just go this way. This way is evidently not getting us anywhere. "Rachel, Cleo, I'm going to run to Pettit's. I'll be back in a few minutes." mom yelled. "Georgia wait. We're lost. Help us!" Cleo cried frantically. Cleo shut up. I figured out where we are. Her voice came from that direction. So, let's follow where her voice came from. Look, Cleo it's our fence. Let's go! Finally, we made it back. Don't go in the house, you are way too muddy. Let me get my mom. "Man, you girls are covered in mud. Take your shoes and socks off and we will rinse you off. You two go inside and take showers. Make sure you don't touch anything," mom demanded.
I love the creek. We had such great memories there. That one story only a few people know about. You were lucky enough to hear it.

No comments: