Saturday, January 31, 2009

Rest...

January 31, 2009 3am

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29

Rest these days sounds awesome... yes I have been up since 1:30 am but I have been resting I promise. In Him, that is... A few weeks ago I became very angry and resentful, I'm still there. But my emotions have taken a rest. Jesus has given me rest for my weary soul for just a bit and I have decided to relish in it awhile. I need it... Grief is hard work. HE is teaching me patience, I want to be done. HE is also teaching me that this journey will never be over. It is not my goal to get over this grief. I will get past this anger and resentment I feel for Rachel and HIM. I want to get to a point where I can think about Rachel and not feel this intense pain. I know it will be awhile, for now I need rest...

When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs. Psalm 84:6

I am walking through the valley~ it is NOT my final destination. I have to keep reminding myself of that one... I know too that God has something else, something GREAT in store for us as HE continues to meet us on this journey.

Add Comment

Cathy says...
"You know... your last sentence speaks volumes! My friend, our God does have something for you that is beyond your wildest dreams! Not just for you, but for Chris! Hang in there just doesn't seem like the right word to say so Hang on to Him because your blessings will be abundant!! Love you." (1/31/09)

Cyndi says...
"It is a long journey, I can't tell you when it will get better or if it will get tolerable but you can count on the LORD. 62:7 In GOD is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in GOD." (2/12/09)

Vicki Windham says...
"Georgia..I know that this journey has to be tough one but I know somehow through your experience you bless so many with your words," (2/20/09)

No comments: